Hey there! I’m back with a new life update and recipe. I have recently been influenced to try to eat less meat. At first I would joke about it and basically looked at you like “HELLO you’re crazy”, but I actually do think it’s a good idea. I don’t think cutting it out of your diet completely, but having meat once a week I feel like is better for you then consuming it all the time. And hey…if your not open to it that’s fine..I’m just cluing you in on what I decided to try. So thank goodness for the iPhone TASTY APP. I find amazing recipes right at my fingertips with grocery lists already displayed for what I have to get. They have vegetarian options always so that’s really nice. I recommend this app for anyone that likes to cook and try new things. I’ve used it only twice so far and the recipe I’m sharing with you today is from them! I’m sure you have all seen the Tasty video’s on Facebook. Yes it’s true they made a recipe APP! 🙂 So excited..seriously. Watching what I’ve been eating in a sense has really made a difference. Less stomach aches for sure and less feeling tired and lazy. So this post is a quick recipe post how to make this dish pictured below! Let me know if it sounds good to you and if you would make this dish also! :))
This is not my exact dish because someone forgot to save the pictures 😦 but it looked very similar!!
You will need:
- spaghetti noodles
- olive oil
- minced garlic (3 teaspoons or cloves)
- cherry tomatoes, diced (2 cups)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- white wine (1 cup)
- fresh basil (1/2 cup)
- Parmesan ( 1/2 cup)
- Cook your spaghetti normally how you would and reserve one cup of the pasta water before draining.
- Heat olive oil in large pan (large enough to toss your pasta in). Add garlic and tomatoes, and stir until well mixed and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook tomatoes down for about 5 minutes until they soften.
- Add wine and allow to reduce for 10 minutes until you’re left with a syrupy sauce.
- Add the pasta to your sauce along with a splash of the pasta water and toss to coat for about 2 minutes so the pasta absorbs the flavor of sauce.
- Add Parmesan and basil. Toss until cheese is melted and you’re left with a smooth sauce.
- Top with extra cheese and basil.
That’s all from me for this Wednesday. I hope you all have amazing weekends.!!
xoxoxo, Cas. Follow me on Insta!